Friday, January 7, 2011

pain...the gift that nobody wants

i read a book recently called You Matter More Than You Think by Leslie Parrott. and she made a good point. she says that pain, is a gift. because when you go through a painful experience like for example losing a loved one, u feel the pain of loosing them, but if someone comes to you with the same grief than u can empathize with them, and that is the gift. if u have never lost anyone in ur entire life, than how would you be able to empathize?

i had something very tragic happen to me. i lost a loved one from aids. i felt a horrible pain. i didnt understand why him, and even worse i had no one to talk to about it. than one day i joined a group on-line to see if anyone in my area had the same problem as me, sadly no one did. so i lived my days empty, sad, alone. than one day i check my email and i got about 15 people emailing me with the same situation. they wanted me to empathize with them. they were a mess. so i heard what they had to say, and i did empathize with the. i feel like it was a gift that even if no one in my area was there 4 me i could be there for others. and them b there 4 me as well, even if only through email n phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment